The village of Peyia lies on the south western tip of the lovely island of Cyprus and is probably one of the most colourful and interesting villages on the island!
Only 15 minutes from Paphos!
Whilst the original Peyia village was a small, stone built community of farmers, whose crops were mainly bananas and oranges, Peyia has grown in strength to be the Municipality of Peyia, governing the area from Akamas Peninsular in the west to the edges of Paphos on the east side. Paphos is only 15 mins by road from Peyia village and Coral Bay resort is only a few minutes down the road.
Friendly, welcoming village.
Today, Peyia retains its charms but has grown up to be a very vibrant and welcoming large village, whose population is a mix of many nationalities; Cypriots, expats and more recently, Chinese! Learning to live together in harmony, Peyia is developing into a thriving and enjoyable area in which to holiday or simply visit.
Old meets new!
Many tourists choose to stay in Peyia to enjoy a taste of traditional Cypriot welcome mixed with the many, more modern western ways they’ve become accustomed to. From joining the older Cypriot men enjoying backgammon and coffee in the Kafenes to visiting a very trendy wine bar, The Mill, situated in the centre of the village, Peyia has something for everyone.
Stunning views: choice of beaches close by!
Set on a hillside, the views are magnificent, the people warm and friendly – and the facilities first class! With beaches only 2 kms away, its no wonder that Peyia is fast becoming first choice for holidaymakers looking for quality, culture and value for money.
Things to do
Is there anything to do if we choose Peyia for a holiday?
Now that’s a question we get asked on many occasions, so here is just a flavour of what is some of what is available to you , if you holiday in our lovely village:
- Simply chilling out with great weather, superb food and good company! Not bad for starters!
- Walking: through the hills; along the coastline; towards Turtle Bay in the nature reserve…….stacks of choice
- Horse riding: There are stables just on the road to Sea Caves, through Peyia – and sunset rides on the beach are a great favourite!
- Quad biking: if you are fit and up for fun, hire a quad bike!
- Jeep Safari: let someone else drive and sit back and bump along through the hills and valleys taking in the scenery – and some great tavernas too!
- Sight Seeing: from monasteries to mosaics or just people watching on Paphos Harbour
- Water Sports: jet ski; power boats; parasailing – all here for you
- Golf Driving Range: get practicing!
- Visit the Zoo! We’ve now got our own zoo, minutes from Peyia
- Winter ski: the mountains fill with snow in the winter – only 1.5 hours from Peyia and then downhill all the way…………